CONFOCALMICROSCOPY Archives

July 2009

Sender:
From:
Sam Albers <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Thu, 9 Jul 2009 12:27:07 -0700
Hello all,

My institution's confocal set up uses an inverted microscope. So when I view
some biofilm samples I am collecting, I need to also invert my slide and
place it in a NUNC coverslip chamber. Because I do not want to crush my
biofilm sample, I need thin spacers to separate the slide from the coverslip
bottom. Thin glass microscope slide have been suggested as a spacer. I was
wondering if any one here had any other suggestions.

I am looking for a convenient inert object that can be be easily placed
inside the coverslip chamber that will separate the slide from the coverslip
bottom. Ideally, this would some type of material that I could vary the
length to account for different thicknesses of biofilms.

Any suggestions would be greatly appreciated. I guess I am just wondering
what other people do.

Thanks!

Sam