CONFOCALMICROSCOPY Archives

March 2010

Date:
Fri, 26 Mar 2010 22:25:39 +1100
No, no, it IS the problem!  As Mike Ignatius explained, MP put the beads on the slide, not the coverslip, then add mountant and then the coverslip.  If you are using a #1.5 coverslip you need to put the beads directly on the coverslip.  With the beads on the slide the extra thickness of the mountant needs to be corrected for by using a thinner coverslip - #1 or #0 - which must be found by trial and error.  (But since I guess they are using very reproducible conditions they only need to do the test once).  At least it seems they have realized they have a problem.

                                       Guy