CONFOCALMICROSCOPY Archives

March 2010

From:
Katharina Thomsen <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Fri, 26 Mar 2010 17:18:00 +0100
Dear Teresa,

Because we also wanted to place cover slips with a different thickness,
we decided to buy the FocalCheck solution. In principal this should work
in your case, as well. You can just dry them on the slide together with
the cover slip. Unfortunatly, in this configuration they don't last a
long time. Some of the FocalChecks got destroyed, when I tried to mount
them for a longer time. This was the case when I first dried them (~
5µl) for ~ 1 h on the coverslip and than added mounting medium (dako,
fluorescence mounting media). The drying time is then critical. I didn't
like the fluorescence mounting media of molecular probes, because the
probes haven't been strongly fixed, but maybe it works better with the
FocalChecks.

cheers,

Katharina