CONFOCALMICROSCOPY Archives

March 2010

From:
Vladimir Gukassyan <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Fri, 26 Mar 2010 15:43:43 -0400
Hello Arnold,

I can just share a similar obervation on our system. We were using
multiphoton excitation in the range of 800 and 960 nm when we were
trying to calibrate the system for the FCS experiments. What we
observed was that there was a signal in case of no sample above the
objective, (inverted) there was a well - expressed fluorescence there.
However, whenever just a glass slide was put, the signal was
diminished almost to the background level. We still don't know what
was the exact source of this phenomena.

With regards,
Vladimir