CONFOCALMICROSCOPY Archives

March 2010

From:
Maria Calvo <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Tue, 2 Mar 2010 16:57:35 +0100
Hello everyone,

We are trying to optimize the  new Fluo4 direct (Invitrogen) for Cos-1
cells and we have found different problems either for the cell loading
and the response to ionomicyn (5 uM).

 Do you have any experience on this probe??  Could you tell me which

Please find below more details of different protocols and results we got.

 Thank you, any help is appreciated,

1)

with/ or without Probenecid to cells containing culture medium (0%FCS)
(1:1).

-         Incubate the cells for 30min at 37ºC

-         Observate the cells under the microscope without removing the
medium

PROBLEM: Cells were WELL charged with Fluo4 but DID NOT react to Ionomicin

2)

without Probenecid to cells containing culture medium (0%FCS) (1:1).

-         Incubate the cells for 30min at 37ºC

-         Remove cell medium for fresh medium without FCS

PROBLEM: Cells were NOT well charged with Fluo4 but DID react to Ionomicin

3)

with Probenecid to cells containing culture medium (0%FCS) (1:1).

-         Incubate the cells for 30min at 37ºC

-         Remove loading medium for fresh medium without FCS

PROBLEM: Cells were WELL charged with Flou4 but DID react to Ionomicin
very SLOW

Maria Calvo and Neus Abella

--

___________________________________