CONFOCALMICROSCOPY Archives

August 2010

Sender:
From:
Pablo German <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Fri, 13 Aug 2010 16:49:02 +1200
Hi Everyone,

Recently I've been trying to carry out FRET Microscopy on a membrane
receptor expressed in insect cells infected with baculovirus. I've
been testing for formation of homodimers and heterodimers.

Apparently, baculovirus and membrane receptor (high expression and
limited space) may not be a fortunate combination since I seem to be
getting random FRET due to molecular crowding.

I've been thinking that perhaps I can try to solubilize the receptors
and carry out FRET spectroscopy instead. Has anyone any experience
with solubilizing membrane proteins and doing FRET spectroscopy
experiments? Any good articles to recommend?

Any comments would be appreciated.

Pablo

--
Pablo German