CONFOCALMICROSCOPY Archives

August 2010

Sender:
From:
Sudipta Maiti <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Sat, 14 Aug 2010 23:06:39 +0630
Wait a minute. Since Mark and Guy are involved, there is something useful to
be learned here, and I was reading this with intent. But the original
question had two points that I feel were not adequately addressed by either.
First, the number of Z-slices required for imaging the bead: more than the
original can help, as the deconvolution algorithm will probably use a smooth
function to model the PSF obtained from the subresolution bead image, and use
that for deconvolution.
Second, was there something about using a larger pinhole during the actual
image acquisition? The pinhole size should match for the actual imaging and
the bead - otherwise you don't get the same PSF. I guess it is possible to
calculte the PSF for other pinhole sizes, but may not be the best thing to do.
Sudipta

    On Sat, 14 Aug 2010 23:02:18 +1000, Guy Cox wrote

Dr. Sudipta Maiti
Associate Professor
Dept. of Chemical Sciences
Tata Institute of Fundamental Research