CONFOCALMICROSCOPY Archives

August 2010

Sender:
Date:
Tue, 17 Aug 2010 09:41:21 -0500
7bit
From:
Martin Wessendorf <[log in to unmask]>
Hey, Guy--

Not to drag this out any longer, but could you please clarify?  I
understand that intensity comparisons from deconvolved image to
deconvolved image might be problematic.  However, the statement that
deconvolved images are not quantifiable strikes me as incorrect.  As I
see it, the goal of deconvolution is to provide a more accurate idea of
the relative concentration of fluorophore within different compartments
of a cell--the image is less contaminated by out-of-focus information.

Thanks.

Hope all is well in Sydney--

Martin

--
Martin Wessendorf, Ph.D.                   office: (612) 626-0145
Assoc Prof, Dept Neuroscience                 lab: (612) 624-2991