CONFOCALMICROSCOPY Archives

August 2010

Sender:
From:
Jay Vyas <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Wed, 25 Aug 2010 11:02:54 -0500
Hi-

We have a collaborator who is interested in confocal microscopy of C.
elegans. We have not done work with this organism and are looking for the
best way to immobilize the worm and prepare the sample for imaging on our
spinning disk confocal microscope. We have a typical inverted microscope set-
up (Nikon body).
The collaborator prefers to keep the worm(s) alive, so we need a method to
immobilize them (anesthesia?).
Do folks use agar when mounting samples? Which slides are typically used for
this purpose? If there is a reference, I would love to get the citation.

Thanks,
Jay Vyas
Massachusetts General Hospital