CONFOCALMICROSCOPY Archives

January 2011

Sender:
Date:
Tue, 18 Jan 2011 17:22:14 +1100
From:

What people seem to be missing in this thread is that glass and water
are both dispersive media so the critical angle will be different for
different wavelengths.  You cannot expect to get optimal TIRF with two
colours coming in at the same angle.

Guy

Optical Imaging Techniques in Cell Biology

by Guy Cox    CRC Press / Taylor & Francis

     http://www.guycox.com/optical.htm
<http://www.guycox.com/optical.htm>

Associate Professor Guy Cox, MA, DPhil(Oxon)

Australian Centre for Microscopy & Microanalysis,

Madsen Building F09, University of Sydney, NSW 2006

Phone +61 2 9351 3176     Fax +61 2 9351 7682

             Mobile 0413 281 861

      http://www.guycox.net <http://www.guycox.net>