CONFOCALMICROSCOPY Archives

January 2011

Sender:
From:
Sean Speese <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Tue, 4 Jan 2011 17:55:20 -0800

Yes, floating is a problem cause the fixative is not likely getting in and
penetrating like one would want it to.  However, I want to minimize any
extraction of cytoplasmic components, which is why I was trying to avoid
triton. In particular we are trying to detect if a protein is more abundant
in the cytoplasm after certain treatments, but if having triton present
before fixation is "complete" leads to extraction of certain cytoplasmic
proteins, this could be a problem.

Sean