CONFOCALMICROSCOPY Archives

January 2011

Sender:
Date:
Fri, 28 Jan 2011 07:56:47 +0100
7bit
From:
Julian Smith III <[log in to unmask]>

Pardon if this is an ignorant question--why simultaneous scanning, when
sequential scanning is likely to be what the users want to avoid
bleedthrough?

In either case, my preference here would be to have each system demo'ed
in my facility for 3-4 days. We own the FV1000 for three years now, and
it works very well for what you describe.  What little of the C2 I've
seen since Nikon integrated the software on the C2 (after we made our
purchase) is also very good.  But you and the other users should get a
chance to compare the two systems in daily operation.
Julian

--
Julian P.S. Smith III
Director, Winthrop Microscopy Facility