CONFOCALMICROSCOPY Archives

January 2011

Sender:
From:
Tobias Baskin <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Tue, 4 Jan 2011 21:28:11 -0500

Hi Sean,
	One thing you can contemplate is doing it mechanically. We
have good results processing small and floaty roots of the plant
Arabidopsis thaliana by sandwiching them between two Formvar films.
The films are over a wire loop which definitely sinks. Formvar is
strong but allows all sorts of stuff to cross. But not antibodies.
You have to take the tissue out from the films for that.

	If this sounds useful, I can give more details.

	Good luck,
		Tobias

--
      /  \   /          / \    /   \ \        Tobias I. Baskin