CONFOCALMICROSCOPY Archives

January 2011

Date:
Fri, 28 Jan 2011 17:39:39 -0500
From:
"Ignatius, Mike" <[log in to unmask]>
Sender:

If you can a prepared slide of an insect pupa, the autofluorescence allows fun 3D viewing.  With wide field you just see the outside of the pupa, but with Confocal sectioning the insect inside appears.   Then you can reconstruct the animal with max projection are really sense the whole body structure.  And no dyes or bleaching or such to be concerned with.

This site has 200 slides on sale for $89 with a few examples of larval forms but many more that could be fun to play with.  http://store.amscope.com/ps200.html   Can't beat the price.

Mike Ignatius
Molecular Probes, Life Technologies