CONFOCALMICROSCOPY Archives

January 2011

Sender:
Date:
Sat, 29 Jan 2011 06:21:00 -0800
From:
Vitaly Boyko <[log in to unmask]>
mTFP might be a good donor, however based on my experience, v

Hi Mike,

mTFP might be a good donor, however based on my experience, venusYFP is not the
best acceptor for the FRET studies. EYFP with the F64L substitution worked
better for me. ...though in the very beginning I was in a "blind" love with the
venusYFP too. Also, the paper did not show any advantage of mTFP over the CeFP.
In addition, though the CeFP carries A206K substitution, I would recommend to
add well known monomeric mutations in positions 221 and 223 to CeFP and all
three to EYFP(F64L).
As it is difficult to monitor fluorophore concentration on a voxel-by-voxel
basis, highly accurate, quantitative, comparative FRET measurements study is
still a challenging task (FLIM inclusive). George, do you have a good reference
to?

As to the vectors, just do it yourself - it is very simple and quick, PCR is a
powerful tool and Dave Piston is the best source for the CeFP(A206K).

Good luck,

Vitaly
301-515-7833