CONFOCALMICROSCOPY Archives

January 2011

Date:
Mon, 10 Jan 2011 14:54:42 -0500
From:
"Ignatius, Mike" <[log in to unmask]>
Sender:

I was told at SFN that one of the reasons for silicon immersion oil, is that glycerol changes its RI during prolonged imaging sessions.  Anyone know who much or how soon?

If it is significant, it is a good argument for silicon corrected lens - especially if doing long 3D reconstructions of thick tissue.

Mike Ignatius,
Molecular Probes/LifeTechnology

No commercial interest.