CONFOCALMICROSCOPY Archives

April 2011

Sender:
From:
Colin Rickman <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Tue, 26 Apr 2011 21:02:48 +0100

Hi

Can anybody recommend a fluorophore for use in ground state depletion microscopy. I have been using Alexa 488 with some success and am able to acquire data at the single molecule level for localisation. However, I would like to know if there are better options within the Alexa range or in other organic dyes with enhanced propensity to enter triplet states, longer duration in the triplet state, etc. that make them better candidates.

Hope someone can help.

Regards

Colin

Dr Colin Rickman
Life Science Interface
Department of Chemistry (WP 2.03)
School of Engineering and Physical Sciences
Heriot-Watt University
Edinburgh
EH14 4AS

Tel: +44 131 4514193 (Office)