CONFOCALMICROSCOPY Archives

April 2011

Sender:
From:
Kate Luby-Phelps <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Sat, 30 Apr 2011 08:06:09 -0500

So far we have been using one laser, which means we miss the beginning of the
timecourse after photoactivation because it takes several seconds for the Ti:S to
tune and mode-lock.  So the experiments where 2P photoactivation has been
useful involve diffusion through gap junctions between cells in a cluster or chain
because the spread of the photoactivated dye between cells is relatively slow.
However, in June we will take delivery on a new 2P system with two Ti:S lasers
so we can do it simultaneously at two different wavelengths.

Kate