CONFOCALMICROSCOPY Archives

April 2011

Sender:
From:
"Chen, Jianbo (NIH/NCI) [E]" <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Wed, 6 Apr 2011 12:41:35 -0400

Hello everyone
We have an encoded (motorized) stage that drifts around 0.5 um (500nm) per hour to mostly but not always one direction. Putting an enclosed box to surround the microscope seems did not help. Is this something unavoidable for a motorized stage? Is using fiducial marker the only solution if experiment requires high accuracy of XY position over long period of time? I would appreciate for any thought and advice.

Jianbo Chen
HIV Drug Resistance Program
National Cancer Institute-Frederick
Frederick MD 21702