CONFOCALMICROSCOPY Archives

April 2011

Sender:
Date:
Wed, 6 Apr 2011 19:20:32 +0200
7bit
From:
Gabor Csucs <[log in to unmask]>

Dear Jianbo,

Although it is difficult to remotely solve your problem, but here are
some ideas (based on our experiences with motorized stages).
The first question is whether you really see a drift? Do you stay really
at one location? Or do you acquire images at several locations and
return to them? In this case what you see is just the reproducibility
limitations of your system. Assuming that you see a "real drift": you
stay at one location and the stage continuously drifts, there are a few
things I could suggest to check.

1) Check the electrical connections of your stage and also whether all
settings in your control software are correct.
2) If you have a control joystick - check it (exchange it) - as a defect
(dying) joystick can easily cause such problems.
3) If you have linear encoders - check whether they are still clean.
Dirty encoders can also lead to strange effects
4) a drift a 500 nm/hours is certainly not negligible but there are
software tools to get rid of such movements (even without the use of any
special markers).

Cheers    Gabor

--
Gabor Csucs