CONFOCALMICROSCOPY Archives

April 2011

Sender:
Date:
Wed, 6 Apr 2011 23:07:20 +0200
8bit
From:
"P. Johannes Helm" <[log in to unmask]>

Good evening,

I have experienced this problem earlier on an older motorized stage. The
reason at that time had been a problem with a joystick. The joystick,
which presented one out of two methods to move the table - the other being
software and RS232 connection -, upon starting the system, was
mechanically not entirely in its (0|0) position. It's position was hence
some (x0|y0) at which neither x0 nor y0 were some small values, but not
really 0. Touching the joystick after complete initialization would then
bring it to the (0|0) position, which the joystick, then, interpreted as
(-x0|-y0) and thus brought the table to a slight but steady movement.

Possibly, this is your problem.

Best wishes,

Johannes

--