CONFOCALMICROSCOPY Archives

April 2011

Sender:
Date:
Fri, 8 Apr 2011 22:20:53 +0200
7bit
From:
Gert van Cappellen <[log in to unmask]>

The problem with reconstruction of the SIM images is I think as with
most other imaging techniques the signal to noise ratio of the raw
images. An optimal deconvolution should there start on the raw images
and not on the reconstructed images. As stated before all SIM algorithms
do already contain some deconvolution, but I  think there is room for
improvement. With a better knowledge of the deformations of the grid in
the images and the effect in biological specimen the reconstruction
based on deconvolution might improve. This needs a lot of testing with
different biological samples or other tricks.

With kind regards,

Gert van Cappellen
Optical Imaging Centre
Erasmus MC (Erasmus Medical Centre)