CONFOCALMICROSCOPY Archives

April 2011

Date:
Tue, 5 Apr 2011 08:39:16 -0700
From:
James Fitzpatrick <[log in to unmask]>
Sender:

Gary,

Have you tried the DRBIO resource at Cornell that is run by Warren Zipfel now? They have a list of two-photon absorption cross-sections there that I find helpful. Its not exhaustive, but they have a number of the fluorescent proteins and alexa dyes listed there for example, and you can download the ascii data as well.

http://www.drbio.cornell.edu/cross_sections.html

Best wishes,
James.

On Apr 5, 2011, at 8:03 AM, Gary G. Li wrote:

> Greetings,
>
> For one photon excitation, the excitation and emission spectra of commonly
> used fluorescent dyes can be viewed by using the following tools:
>
> * Invitrogen Fluorescence SpectraViewer, www.invitrogen.com
>
> * BD Fluorescence Spectrum Viewer, www.bdbiosciences.com
>
> I am wondering if we have similar tools for fluorophores with multiphoton
> excitation.
>
> Many thanks
>
> Gary G. Li, Ph.D.
>
> Microscopy Core Manager
>
> NIH/NIDA
>
> 333 Cassell Drive, Suite 2100
>
> Baltimore, MD 21224

> [log in to unmask] <[log in to unmask]>

-----
James A.J. Fitzpatrick, Ph.D.
Core Director
	Waitt Advanced Biophotonics Center
The Salk Institute for Biological Studies
10010 North Torrey Pines Road
La Jolla, CA 92037

(t): +1 858-453-4100 x2119
(e): [log in to unmask]