CONFOCALMICROSCOPY Archives

April 2011

Date:
Fri, 15 Apr 2011 08:55:09 +1200
From:
Mark Cannell <[log in to unmask]>
7bit
Sender:

To answer your question directly, there is no information beyond the
highest spatial frequency contained in the PSF.  The power spectrum
does not fall to zero at the diffraction limit but rolls off very
rapidly. Noise then limits further extraction of information from
these higher frequencies.

Hope this helps

Mark