CONFOCALMICROSCOPY Archives

April 2011

Sender:
From:
Ian Dobbie <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Sun, 17 Apr 2011 13:11:27 -0700

Matthew Nicholas <[log in to unmask]> writes:

> On Tue, Mar 22, 2011 at 3:26 PM, B. Prabhakar Pandian <[log in to unmask]> wrote:
>
>>  However, the Andor does not have an on/off switch and the fan stays on
>> unless we shut down the computer.
>>

> I recently asked our local Andor rep, Charles Fanghella, about this issue
> and his response may be of interest:

No mater what Andor says this is a mad piece of design. Fans are
mechanical and do fail. We have had a fan ware out and the camera had to
convenient either.

I think that fact that new version don't have this "feature"
demonstrates that even Andor think it is a bad idea.

Ian
--
Ian Dobbie
Micron Imaging Facility Manager,