CONFOCALMICROSCOPY Archives

April 2011

Sender:
From:
Leoncio Vergara <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Tue, 5 Apr 2011 18:35:21 -0500

Hi

I was wondering if anybody could tell me about their experience with the Live-
Cell stage top incubator from Pathology Devices Inc
(http://www.pathologydevices.com/LiveCell.htm) or the Oko-lab Electric
microscope stage incubator (http://www.oko-lab.com/39.page).

Both seem to be very similar. We are looking for a solution for a BSL2 facility
for live cell experiments on a Olympus DSU IX81 microscope with ZDCII. We
want to do experiments with specifically with Labtek-type chambered
coverglasses and 35 mm petri dishes (glass bottom).

I am looking for quality and reliability for temperature and environmental
control (CO2 and Humidity) as well as easy of use. For a multiuser facility like
ours, simplicity and robust design are good. For BSL2, the use of disposable
chambers is also desirable, even is we have to sacrifice some in terms of
accuracy, etc.

Thanks in advance for any information

Leoncio Vergara
UTMB, Galveston Texas