CONFOCALMICROSCOPY Archives

April 2011

Sender:
From:
Jean-Pierre CLAMME <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Tue, 5 Apr 2011 18:06:18 -0700

Hi,

I'm looking for someone having experience with confocal imaging of liver
tissue. I'm imaging mouse liver tissue and I have some issues with
autofluorescence in the cy3 channel coming from structure appearing like
vesicle in hepatocytes. Those vesicles mainly show up in the Cy3 channel
but are also visible in the FITC channel (depending on the power I use).
A spectral image with excitation at 488, shows a broad signal with a
maximum around 580 nm.
Could someone comment on the origin of this fluorescence ? Is it possible
that it is lipofuscine ?

Thank you,

JP