CONFOCALMICROSCOPY Archives

April 2011

From:
Jacqui Ross <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Wed, 27 Apr 2011 02:59:44 +0000

Hi Yevgeniy,

I have seen this effect with cells grown on glass coverslips as well, usually when the dye is present in very high concentration, so I'm not sure that it is related to the plastic slides. It has also been previously reported to this listserver.

The only solution I have found in this case is to minimise viewing of the DAPI by eye with the microscope (using excitation from the Hg or Xe arc lamp) prior to acquiring with the confocal system or camera and image the green fluorophore (Alexa488) first if possible.

Kind regards,

Jacqui

Jacqueline Ross

Biomedical Imaging Microscopist