CONFOCALMICROSCOPY Archives

April 2011

From:
Craig Brideau <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Wed, 27 Apr 2011 18:10:16 -0600

I second the previous lister's opinions.  At the end of the day MP is really
only good for thick tissue sections.  If you are looking at cell layers just
use a conventional 1P confocal.  The key advantage of 2P is penetration
depth, which is moot when you are looking at cells.  That said, John's
comments about shorter UV imaging are still valid; it's easier to get a NIR
Ti:Saph beam through conventional optics than a very UV beam.  This only
applies if you are using dyes that need very UV excitation of course.

Craig