CONFOCALMICROSCOPY Archives

June 2011

From:
"Boswell, Carl A - (cboswell)" <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Wed, 29 Jun 2011 09:38:31 -0700
Hi Simon,

My experience with setting up new systems is that wattage has a direct relationship to heat production, even though the labels may be for peak power consumption.  Turnkey systems will provide you with a total wattage of the system, or you can go through each item and total it up.  Either way, total watts gives the heating/cooling guys a reasonable figure to work with.  Local heat sources, such as argon lasers or multiple power sources/computers in a rack can be selectively vented to avoid their contribution to the heat load in the entire room.

Carl A. Boswell, Ph.D.
Molecular and Cellular Biology
Univ. of Arizona
520-954-7053