CONFOCALMICROSCOPY Archives

June 2011

Date:
Tue, 7 Jun 2011 11:54:23 +1000

Jewellers' supplies.  Or ask a friendly jeweller for a small piece.  Or
if you want a whole boule go to a manufacturer like Saint Gobain.  They
gave me a very large (10cm * 2.5 cm) piece of titanium sapphire for
nothing (it was a reject, of course, but fine for such purposes).  The
large emerald I played with came from someone whose research was on
gemstones - if it was natural it was worth a fortune but I assume it
wasn't!

                                                    Guy

Optical Imaging Techniques in Cell Biology
by Guy Cox    CRC Press / Taylor & Francis
     http://www.guycox.com/optical.htm
Associate Professor Guy Cox, MA, DPhil(Oxon)
Australian Centre for Microscopy & Microanalysis,
Madsen Building F09, University of Sydney, NSW 2006

Phone +61 2 9351 3176     Fax +61 2 9351 7682
             Mobile 0413 281 861
      http://www.guycox.net