CONFOCALMICROSCOPY Archives

June 2011

From:
Graham Wright <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Thu, 16 Jun 2011 09:14:27 +0800

Hi Cam,

My old institute had one, and whilst I did not directly use it the lab
working with it had a good experience. They were growing fission yeast (S.
pombe) cells and were using the combination of flow and thinning/sloping
sample chamber to fix the cells in position then alter their environment
with the perfusion system whilst monitoring rate of division. As pombe cells
are pretty much uniform in their size and shape and not adherent they got
wedged in the sample chamber at consistent positions, however I don't know
if this would be applicable for organoids.

Regards,
Graham

--
*Graham Wright, PhD*
Microscopy Unit Manager

Institute of Medical Biology
8A Biomedical Grove, #06-06 Immunos, Singapore 138648

O:   +65 6407 0167
E:   [log in to unmask]
W:  http://www.imb.a-star.edu.sg/imu/