CONFOCALMICROSCOPY Archives

July 2011

From:
Adrian Smith <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Tue, 5 Jul 2011 22:18:35 +1000

Hi all,

One of our users is looking to set up with a third fluorescent protein for some imaging studies (confocal and multiphoton).

He currently has components labelled with GFP (or YFP in some experiments) and mCherry so he is considering something either in the BFP/CFP range or potentially in the red range past mCherry.

I'm interested in people thoughts on what are the best options these days? There seems to be bewildering array of newer FPs available...

(eg the Evrogen Turbo/Tag reagents like TurboFP650/TagBFP/TagCFP look good but may not work as needs to be able to subclone in order to get into a Leishmania parasite).

Regards,

Adrian Smith
Centenary Institute, Sydney, Australia