CONFOCALMICROSCOPY Archives

October 2011

From:
"Scott, Mark" <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Mon, 3 Oct 2011 13:26:57 +0000

Hi again,

I think the original point has been somewhat lost, I saw a post about which software to get for a multi-user facility and simply suggested that the most important thing to consider is your users needs and expertise levels and get software that will fulfill these criteria.

I have used software from custom written command line unix applications to expensive commercial software and everything in between, and I personally feel comfortable learning new software and as has been disussed, it is good to know what you are doing and why it happens.  But, for everyday common useage for biological scientists in my case I know that some people feel more comfortable using certain platforms than others and at the end of the day  this should be your priority unless you have very independant users or a lot of time to dedicate to helping them learn more complex packages.

Been a fun discussion though none-the-less.

Cheers
Mark