CONFOCALMICROSCOPY Archives

March 2013

Date:
Tue, 19 Mar 2013 17:45:17 +0000
Sender:

Holly,

          I'm assuming you want to stop the exposure to the operator on an inverted microscope.  Is that correct?  Most inverted fluorescence microscopes already come with a plastic safety screen for that purpose - isn't that enough?  If not I'd suggest getting some theatrical plastic filter.  This comes in big sheets, is very cheap, and has guaranteed absorption spectra.  A yellow-orange tint should do the trick, but check the spectra to see that it will block your laser lines.  You can easily cut bits to fit, and replace them as often as necessary.    I can't see that window tint would do much since it's mainly designed to block IR.

                                                Guy