CONFOCALMICROSCOPY Archives

March 2013

Sender:
From:
Christophe Leterrier <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Thu, 21 Mar 2013 10:23:52 +0100

Hi,

Not a confocal question, but a lot of people are doing immuno here so I
thought I'd ask. We are currently using gelatin as the main blocker in our
imunocytochemistry protocol. I was wondering if we could get better
staining (less background / less non specific labeling) by switching to
something else and found Life Technologie's ImageIT FX Enhancer (
http://products.invitrogen.com/ivgn/product/I36933). Does someone have
experience with this, and is the added cost justified? I try to stay clear
of proprietary formulas but sometimes (see Prolong Gold) a "secret" product
does work better.

Thanks for the advices,

Christophe

--