CONFOCALMICROSCOPY Archives

March 2013

Sender:
From:
Craig Brideau <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Sun, 10 Mar 2013 12:30:32 -0600

As Oliver says, an SSD can help speed things along.  You can get PCI-e
cards which are SSD's rather than relying on the SATA bus for data
transfer.  They can be quite speedy depending on what you are doing:

http://www.ocztechnology.com/products/solid_state_drives/pci-e_solid_state_drives

I use one of these in our image acquisition computers tied to one of our
microscopes.   It makes file writes for large image stacks go much faster
than a mechanical drive.

Craig