CONFOCALMICROSCOPY Archives

March 2013

Sender:
Date:
Tue, 12 Mar 2013 15:54:46 +0100
From:
Johannes Schindelin <[log in to unmask]>
7BIT
Comments:
To: Michal Opas <[log in to unmask]>

Dear Michal,

On Tue, 12 Mar 2013, Michal Opas wrote:

> on Bio-Rad MRC 600 and Confocal Assistant by Todd Brelje one could merge
> dual wavelength images taken simultaneously using split screen ("split
> box") feature of the scope.
>
> This "side-by-side merge" feature was very convenient for the dual
> excitation, split image frames as one could quickly merge left with
> right and see how good the merged image is.
>
> [...]
>
> I am discombobulated: is such a useful feature gone forever (past Win
> XP) or my ineptitude is gross?

I am not quite certain about what you want, exactly, but if you describe
the desired functionality precisely (i.e. are the channels shown
side by side, or is the image cut in half and you can switch on/off
channels in the left and right half separately?), it should not be too
difficult to implement.

Note that in ImageJ (and therefore also in the ImageJ distribution called
Fiji), there is a Channels Tool in Image>Hyperstacks which allows you to
switch on/off channels easily (you need to be in "Composite" mode to see
merges, though).

Ciao,
Johannes