CONFOCALMICROSCOPY Archives

March 2013

From:
Glen MacDonald <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Fri, 1 Mar 2013 11:56:57 -0800

Any compressed movie will be blurred to some degree. One of the reasons there is no standard algorithm is that the impact of any compression scheme will depend upon the nature of the image.
As was suggested, do retain the uncompressed file(s).  If you need to edit the movie, make the changes on a copy of the uncompressed file.  Re-editing the  the  compressed version will often turn it to mush.

thanks to all who made suggestions for movie making tools.
Glen MacDonald
	Core for Communication Research
Virginia Merrill Bloedel Hearing Research Center
	Cellular Morphology Core
Center on Human Development and Disability
Box 357923
University of Washington
Seattle, WA 98195-7923  USA
(206) 616-4156