CONFOCALMICROSCOPY Archives

March 2013

From:
"Cammer, Michael" <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Wed, 13 Mar 2013 19:11:21 +0000

Thank you for the many replies.

Our sales rep just stopped in and the email below explains the problem.

People in the lab were using the #1 coverslip bottom wells and because of an issue on the TIRF microscope and my formal microscopy training, I insisted we switch to 1.5 coverslips.  We did not realize that the entire design was different.

According to the sales rep, both the old design as #1 and the new design as #1.5 are available.  So I'm going to recommend that for normal confocal etc. people use the #1 chambers even though the optics aren't perfect.  And we will try snipping off or otherwise removing the tabs on the newer models.

Thanks again!

Regards,

Michael