CONFOCALMICROSCOPY Archives

March 2013

From:
"P. Johannes Helm" <[log in to unmask]>
Reply To:
Date:
Wed, 20 Mar 2013 14:46:27 +0100

Christina, you'll have to make sure you have the appropriate shutter and
the appropriate connector. Vincent will otherwise sell you an adapter for
that specific Leica dove tail connector.

ALSO:
There are many different types of shutters, which only differ in small but
essential details! The shutter you will need for an arc lamp,
irrespectively of whether it is Hg or Xe, needs to have the shutter
elements coated AR and you need the high temperature option! Make sure the
shutters you have and want to use fulfill these demands.
Also, on the rear side of the shutter controllers there are on some models
dip switches, which have to be set in order to send the correct electrical
pulse  energies to the shutters. 25mm and 35mm shutters need other
energies than the laser shutters.

Best wishes,
Johannes

--