CONFOCALMICROSCOPY Archives

March 2013

Date:
Fri, 22 Mar 2013 08:38:44 +1100

Not sure if this will apply to animal tissues, but for a couple of plant
tissues where we kept getting background we blocked with pectin (started
with pectin for jam - too many other ingredients, but several purified
pectins are very cheap), and have also blocked with starch in the past (it
was instant mashed potatoes). But the comments about miscellaneous binding
to positive charges do resonate & will think about this in future.

cheers,
Rosemary

Dr Rosemary White
CSIRO Plant Industry