CONFOCALMICROSCOPY Archives

March 2013

From:
Julio Vazquez <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Tue, 5 Mar 2013 13:24:30 -0800

I should add that ImageJ doesn't know about DPIs (as far as I know).... The Jounal may be smart enough to know what size your image needs to be printed, but I could be wrong. If you want to be sure that your image prints at the desired size, you may be better off using Photoshop or similar software. In this case, you can assign your desired DPI to the Figure, and therefore specify the printing size at the same time (image size in pixels  divided by DPI  equals print size in inches).

Julio Vazquez
Fred Hutchinson Cancer Research Center
Seattle, USA

http://www.fhcrc.org