CONFOCALMICROSCOPY Archives

March 2013

From:
Julio Vazquez <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Thu, 7 Mar 2013 09:33:49 -0800

If you have a way to maintain your bacteria in a defined focal plane (agarose gel pad, matrigel, etc...), then IR autofocus should work just fine for you. If the bacteria are not immobilized, then they'll be moving up and down and I am not sure how an image based autofocus will deal with that... it may not be fast enough, and different bacteria will be in different focal planes, so your image based autofocus may get utterly confused...
--
Julio Vazquez,
Fred Hutchinson Cancer Research Center

http://www.fhcrc.org/