CONFOCALMICROSCOPY Archives

August 2013

Sender:
Date:
Mon, 12 Aug 2013 21:12:25 -0700
From:
"G. Esteban Fernandez" <[log in to unmask]>

We've always seen that in our LSM 710 but the light is not from the lasers,
it is from the widefield excitation source (X-cite lamp).  We can close the
lamp's shutter to get rid of the stray light.  I've never seen it affect
the images but we close the shutter with dim specimens just to be safe.

-Esteban