CONFOCALMICROSCOPY Archives

August 2013

Sender:
Date:
Wed, 14 Aug 2013 22:35:23 -0500
7bit
From:
George McNamara <[log in to unmask]>

Hi Doug,

Beta-catenin should work well for plasma membrane. Can also be detected
in other parts of cells if certain signaling pathways were active.

Human Protein Atlas has data, and several (polyclonal) antisera. Most
IHC vendors should have (monoclonal) antibodies to it.
http://www.proteinatlas.org/ENSG00000168036

*CTNNB1 <http://www.proteinatlas.org/ENSG00000168036>

*see, for example this tissue microarray core of a normal pancreas (can
zoom up about 2x online)
http://www.proteinatlas.org/images/29159/62947_A_2_3.jpg

immunofluorescence of cells in culture are at
http://www.proteinatlas.org/ENSG00000168036/subcellular

Full credit to Prof. Vesa Kaartinen, who showed me awesome beta-catenin
plasma membrane labeling of a tissue section (sorry, don't remember what
body part, or species - probably mouse, maybe palate), when we were at
Childrens Hospital Los Angeles. Vesa is now at U. Michigan School of
Dentistry.

Enjoy,

George

--