CONFOCALMICROSCOPY Archives

August 2013

Date:
Thu, 15 Aug 2013 08:49:39 -0400
From:
Rob Palmer <[log in to unmask]>
7bit
Sender:

Laurent -
Calcofluor or other cellulose-binders are typical, caveat being I
don't work with yeasts..  A membrane stain called FUN has also been
used.  See papers with Ghannoum in the author line.
Rob

On Aug 15, 2013, at 5:46 AM, Gelman, Laurent wrote:

> Hello everybody,
>

> We would need to stain living S. Pombe cells imaged on a
> fluorescence microscope to segment thereafter during image analysis
> automatically the cells.
> Staining cell wall and/or membrane would be perfect. Has someone any
> specific experience with yeast and/or Pombe?
>
> Note that we need an organic dye and cannot express any recombinant
> protein (we are screening a yeast library).
>
> Thanks for your advices!
>
> Best regards,
>

> Laurent.

> Laurent Gelman, PhD
> Head of Facility for Advanced Imaging and Microscopy
> (Light Microscopy)
>
> Friedrich Miescher Institut
> WRO 1066.2.16
> Maulbeerstrasse 66
> CH-4058 Basel
> +41 (0)61 696 43 38
> +41 (0)79 618 73 69

Robert J. Palmer Jr., Ph.D.
Microbial Receptors Section
Laboratory of Cell and Developmental Biology
Natl Inst Dental Craniofacial Res - Natl Insts Health
Bldg 30, Room 207
30 Convent Drive
Bethesda MD 20892
ph 301-594-0025