CONFOCALMICROSCOPY Archives

August 2013

From:
"Unruh, Jay" <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Thu, 15 Aug 2013 17:44:16 +0000

Hi George,

I have observed transport of mRFP foci at high expression levels (just cytoplasmic protein--no tag) but not EGFP or mCherry.  In general if your expression is high enough to observe puncta you are probably seeing recycling vesicles and these definitely undergo transport.  If you do TIRF microscopy you will see lots of these on the basement membrane moving in a nicely directed fashion.  Temperature and general cell stress can also be a contributing factor.

Jay