CONFOCALMICROSCOPY Archives

August 2013

From:
Martin Wessendorf <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Thu, 22 Aug 2013 11:43:51 -0500

Dear Jorge--

On 8/22/2013 12:26 AM, Jorge wrote:

> I have the following query which I hope can help me.
> I wish to make a double immunocytochemistry as quickly as possible,
> preferring always to reduce over time the increase in noise or loss in
> intensity.
> Any advice of things that are possible to reduce or steps that I should
> never reduce, will be very useful for me.
> for example, increasing temperature, primary and secondary preincubate
> increase the protein concentration in the lock solution, etc..
> Obviously any suggestions I will have to standardize it to find the optimum
> condition, but any ideas will be greatly appreciated
> best regards

You might check the following reference:

Advanced laboratory techniques for sample processing and immunolabeling
using microwave radiation.
Ferris AM. Giberson RT. Sanders MA. Day JR.
Journal of Neuroscience Methods. 182(2):157-64, 2009

--Use of microwave radiation can apparently greatly speed up
immunocytochemical protocols.

Good luck!

Martin Wessendorf
--
Martin Wessendorf, Ph.D.                   office: (612) 626-0145
Assoc Prof, Dept Neuroscience                 lab: (612) 624-2991