CONFOCALMICROSCOPY Archives

September 2013

Sender:
From:
Christophe Zimmer <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Thu, 26 Sep 2013 00:14:07 +0200

*Postdoc position
*

*Imaging and Modeling Unit*

*Department of Cell Biology and Infections*

*Institut Pasteur, Paris, France*

Our lab develops imaging and modeling approaches to quantitatively describe
and understand biological systems. We rely on a mix of expertise in
physics, computer science, optics and cell biology, and on close
collaborations with other labs. Our current efforts focus on the dynamic 3D
organization of genomes and its functional implications, so far mainly in
yeast [1-6]. Another focus of our lab is super-resolution light microscopy
based on single molecule localization and computational reconstruction [7,
8]. We are actively interested in further improving these imaging
techniques, and also in applying them to a broad range of collaborative
projects, in particular to study the interaction of HIV with its cellular
host [9-11].

*We are seeking a highly motivated postdoc to work on super-resolution
imaging developments and/or applications to nuclear architecture or HIV. *We
welcome applications from a range of backgrounds including physics,
computer science, cell biology and virology. Previous research experience
with advanced microscopy, yeast cell biology or HIV will be considered a
plus. We offer a highly interdisciplinary research setting in a renowned
2500+ institute in the middle of Paris.

 For more information about our lab, please visit our website:
https://sites.google.com/site/imagingandmodeling/

 Please address inquiries including CV, research interest statement and
names of 2-3 referees to Christophe Zimmer: [log in to unmask]

Selected lab publications:

   1. A. B. Berger *et al.*, "High-resolution statistical mapping reveals
   gene territories in live yeast," *Nature Methods*, vol. 5, pp. 1031-37,
   2008.
   2. P. Thérizols *et al.*, "Chromosome arm length and nuclear constraints
   determine the dynamic relationship of yeast subtelomeres," *PNAS*, vol.
   107, p. 2025, 2010.
   3. C. Zimmer and E. Fabre, "Principles of chromosomal organization:
   lessons from yeast," *J Cell Biol*, vol. 192, pp. 723-33, Mar 7 2011.
   4. H. Wong* et al.*, "A Predictive Computational Model of the Dynamic 3D
   Interphase Yeast Nucleus.," *Current biology *: CB, vol. 22, pp.
   1881-90, 2012.
   5. H. Wong, J. M. Arbona, and C. Zimmer, "How to build a yeast nucleus,"
   *Nucleus*, vol. 4, Aug 22 2013.
   6. N. Agmon *et al*., "Effect of nuclear architecture on the efficiency
   of double-strand break repair.," *Nature cell biology*, vol. 15, pp.
   694-699, 2013.
   7. R. Henriques, *et al*., "QuickPALM: 3D real-time photoactivation
   nanoscopy image processing in ImageJ," *Nature Methods*, vol. 7, pp.
   339-340, 2010.
   8. S. Herbert* et al., *"Single-Molecule Localization Super-Resolution
   Microscopy: Deeper and Faster," *Microscopy and Microanalysis*, vol. 18,
   p. 1419, 2012.
   9. S. Mostowy *et al., *"Entrapment of Intracytosolic Bacteria by Septin
   Cage-like Structures," *Cell Host & Microbe*, vol. 8, pp. 433-444, 2010.
   10. D. Judith, *et al.*, "Species-specific impact of the autophagy
   machinery on Chikungunya virus infection.," *EMBO reports*, vol. 14, pp.
   534-44, 2013.
   11. M. Lelek,  et al., "Superresolution imaging of HIV in infected cells
   with FlAsH-PALM," *PNAS, *vol. 109, pp. 8564-9, May 29 2012.

--
Unité Imagerie et Modélisation
(Computational Imaging & Modeling Unit)

E-mail: [log in to unmask]
Tel: +33 (0)1 40 61 38 91
Fax: +33 (0)1 40 61 33 30
Secretary: Marie-Anne Lin (Tel: +33 (0)1 45 68 83 59, E-mail: [log in to unmask]
)